Facebook movie cyber bullying
▪ First scene of the movie
▪ Comparing people, not voluntary, a form of cyber bullying. Stuff he wrote about Erica for everyone to see, also cyber bullying.
▪ Space in which these technologies are emerging?
Motivations behind Facebook
▪ Zuckerburg wants to translate social structure and relationships in an online setting. Not a utopian democratic place. Translating social relations and putting them online.
▪ Had to go through exclusive space to make facebook the “cool thing”
▪ Went from being a guy to make programs to find outcomes that he wanted, wants those things to come together
▪ New attitude Sean Parker’s attitude toward the world
▪ Logic of exceptualism- systems and structures onto him as a super man
▪ Logic of a billion dollars instead of a million dollars
▪ We are feeding it, we want to be a part of it, and it is a huge part of their social lives.
▪ Zuckerburg wants to make it as big as it can be, there are no boudaries to what facebook can do
▪ We are indirectly for this service by giving our information